Alton, Missouri Demographics

According to COUNTRYAAH.COM, Alton, Missouri is a small town located in Oregon County in the southern part of the state. With a population of around 870 people, Alton is known for its peaceful and close-knit community. The town is surrounded by the natural beauty of the Ozark Mountains, offering residents and visitors opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping.

Demographically, Alton is primarily a white community, with approximately 97% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 3% consists of a mix of other racial and ethnic backgrounds, including African American, Hispanic, and Native American. The town has a slightly higher percentage of males compared to females, with approximately 52% male and 48% female residents.

The age distribution in Alton is relatively balanced, with a mix of different age groups. The largest age group consists of individuals between the ages of 45 and 64, making up around 30% of the population. The next largest age group is 65 and older, accounting for approximately 25% of the population. The remaining 45% of the population is distributed across various age ranges, from young children to young adults.

When it comes to education, Alton has a mix of individuals with different levels of educational attainment. Around 80% of the population has a high school diploma or higher, while the remaining 20% have not completed high school. The town is served by the Alton R-IV School District, which includes an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. The district provides quality education to the local community.

In terms of employment, Alton’s economy is driven by a combination of industries. Agriculture, particularly cattle farming and poultry production, plays a significant role in the local economy. Additionally, small businesses such as retail stores, restaurants, and service providers contribute to the town’s economic vitality. Many residents also commute to nearby towns for employment opportunities.

Alton has a strong sense of community, and residents often come together for various events and activities. The town hosts annual festivals and celebrations, such as the Alton Homecoming and the Oregon County Fair, which bring people from neighboring areas. These events provide opportunities for socializing and fostering community bonds.

The town of Alton offers a range of amenities and services to its residents. It has a public library, parks, and recreational facilities that promote a healthy and active lifestyle. The town also has a volunteer fire department and emergency medical services to ensure the safety and well-being of its residents.

Alton’s demographics reflect a close-knit community with a diverse mix of individuals of different ages and backgrounds. The town’s natural beauty, strong community spirit, and range of amenities make it an attractive place to live for those seeking a peaceful and welcoming environment.

Location, Weather, and Education of Alton, Missouri

Alton, Missouri: A Small Town with Rich Heritage

According to timedictionary, Alton, Missouri is a quaint and charming small town located in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. Nestled in the southern part of the state, Alton offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere that is perfect for those seeking a slower pace of life. With a population of approximately 870 residents, the town exudes a close-knit community feel, where neighbors know each other by name and come together to support one another.

The location of Alton is truly one of its greatest assets. Surrounded by the natural beauty of the Ozarks, the town boasts breathtaking views of rolling hills, lush forests, and crystal-clear rivers. Outdoor enthusiasts will find themselves in paradise, with ample opportunities for hiking, fishing, camping, and other recreational activities. The Mark Twain National Forest, the Eleven Point National Scenic River, and the Irish Wilderness are all within easy reach, making Alton a haven for nature lovers.

The weather in Alton is characterized by four distinct seasons, each with its own unique charm. Summers are warm and humid, with temperatures averaging in the high 80s to low 90s Fahrenheit. Residents enjoy long, sunny days perfect for exploring the outdoors or relaxing by the river. Fall brings vibrant foliage, transforming the landscape into a kaleidoscope of reds, oranges, and yellows. Winters can be cold, with temperatures dropping below freezing and occasional snowfall. However, the snow-covered scenery creates a picturesque winter wonderland. Springs are mild and pleasant, with blooming wildflowers and rejuvenated wildlife.

When it comes to education, Alton takes pride in providing quality schooling for its residents. The town is served by the Alton R-IV School District, which consists of Alton Elementary School, Alton Middle School, and Alton High School. The district is committed to fostering a nurturing and supportive learning environment, where students can thrive academically and personally. The dedicated faculty and staff go above and beyond to ensure that every child receives a well-rounded education that prepares them for future success.

In addition to the public school system, Alton also offers alternative educational options. The town is home to the Pineywoods Christian Academy, a private school that focuses on academic excellence and spiritual development. The academy provides a faith-based education that instills moral values and prepares students to make a positive impact on the world.

For those seeking higher education opportunities, Alton is within reasonable driving distance of several colleges and universities. Missouri State University-West Plains, located approximately 40 miles away, offers a diverse range of associate and bachelor’s degree programs. With its affordable tuition and small class sizes, the university provides a supportive and personalized learning experience. Other nearby institutions include Arkansas State University-Mountain Home and Three Rivers College.

In conclusion, Alton, Missouri is a hidden gem that offers a peaceful and picturesque setting, a diverse range of outdoor activities, and a strong commitment to education. Whether you’re looking to raise a family, retire in tranquility, or simply escape the hustle and bustle of city life, Alton provides the perfect backdrop for a fulfilling and enriching lifestyle. With its rich heritage, natural beauty, and educational opportunities, Alton truly embodies the essence of small-town charm.