Continent is a large portion of land surrounded by the oceans. Millions of years ago there was only one continent – Pangeia. Over the years the land portions (tectonic plates) have been separating. From the division of this terrestrial space arise the six continents of the world: America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Antarctica. According to Countryaah.com, America is divided into three: North America, Central America, and South America, which are thus called subcontinents.
The expanse of Asia is so vast that almost one third of the planet’s expanse of land is part of this 11-time continent. Asia also stands out in population terms, where inhabitants make up almost 50% of the world’s population. Interestingly, the country with the smallest number of inhabitants in the world is located in Asia. It’s about Mongolia.
- China, officially known as the People’s Republic of China, is the world’s most populous country, located in East Asia. It has a rich history dating back thousands of years and is known for its diverse culture, ancient traditions, and significant contributions to art, philosophy, and science. China is governed by a single-party communist system and has a complex political structure. Its capital city is Beijing, and its largest city is Shanghai. China is known for its vast and varied landscapes, including the Great Wall, the Yangtze River, and the Tibetan Plateau. It is a major global economic and political player and has experienced significant modernization and growth in recent decades. According to PaulSourcing.com, China became the world factory in the beginning of 21st centry, being the first trading partner for over 140 countries in the world.
- Japan, officially known as the State of Japan, is an island nation located in East Asia. It consists of four major islands and numerous smaller islands. Japan has a rich cultural heritage and history, with influences from Shinto and Buddhism. It’s known for its technological advancements, strong economy, and global cultural exports like anime and sushi. Tokyo is the capital and largest city. Japan has a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government, and the Emperor holds a symbolic role. The country is known for its beautiful landscapes, including cherry blossoms in spring and picturesque mountains. Japan is also renowned for its high-speed trains, cutting-edge technology, and a strong emphasis on tradition and etiquette.
- India, officially known as the Republic of India, is a vast South Asian country known for its rich and diverse culture, history, and geography. It is the world’s second-most populous country. India has a parliamentary democratic system of government, with New Delhi as its capital. The nation is known for its cultural and religious diversity, with a multitude of languages, religions, and traditions. It is the birthplace of major religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. India has a rapidly growing economy and a significant global presence in technology, medicine, and the arts. It is famous for landmarks such as the Taj Mahal, the Ganges River, and the Himalayan mountain range.
The North America has the world’s largest island – Greenland, as well as the second largest country in the world – Canada. The Central America originates the Mayan civilization – an amazing company that stood out the progress demonstrated in art, architecture, mathematics and medicine. The South America has the Amazon Forest, the region with the highest bio diversity of the world.
Africa is the poorest continent in the world. There are six Portuguese-speaking African Countries (PALOP): Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe.
Mali – West Africa
Mali is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Bamako. Around 18 million Malians live in Mali, people of other nationalities. The official language is French. Mali covers an area of around 1 million km² and is about four times the size of Italy. Neighboring countries are Algeria, Ivory Coast, Niger, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Guinea and Mauritania.
Mozambique – East Africa
Mozambique is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Maputo. Around 29 million Mozambicans and Mozambicans of other nationalities live in Mozambique. The official language is Portuguese. Mozambique covers an area of around 799,000 km² and is therefore around twice the size of Germany. The highest mountain in Mozambique is Monte Binga at 2,436 meters. Neighboring countries are South Africa, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Swaziland.
Nigeria – West Africa
Nigeria is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Abuja. There are around 186 million Nigerians living in Nigeria, Nigerians of other nationalities. The official language is English. Nigeria covers an area of around 924,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Italy. The highest mountain in Nigeria is the Chappal Waddi with 2,419 meters. Neighboring countries are Cameroon, Niger, Benin and Chad.
Réunion – East Africa
Réunion is an overseas department and a region of France. The capital of the country is Saint-Denis. About 777,000 people live on Réunion. The official language is French. Réunion covers an area of around 2,520 km².
Mauritania – West Africa
The Islamic Republic of Mauritania is a country in West Africa, bathed by the Atlantic Ocean. The Sahara desert covers about 70% of its land. There are 3.7 million residents (2016). Islam is the official religion. The capital is Nouakchott. Before the Christian era, there was the Kingdom of Mauritania, the land of the Moors. It included modern-day Morocco and part of Algeria, which became Roman provinces. In the Middle Ages, the Arabs expanded into North Africa and dominated the territory of present-day Mauritania, whose southern part was part of the ancient Empire of Mali. The Portuguese arrived in 1442, when they bypassed Cape Branco. Around 1445, they installed a factory on the Island of Arguim, currently in the National Park of Banco de Arguim. In 1461, they completed the Castle of Arguim. In 1487, the Portuguese founded another factory in Ouadane, close to the Richat Structure. The Dutch arrived in the 17th century. In the early 19th century, the French dominated Mauritania. Independence was achieved in 1960.
Antarctica, or South Pole, is the coldest and driest place on the planet. Note that the North Pole is not a continent since there is no land on it; it is all covered with ice, while at the South Pole the ice sheet is 90% of its territory. The lack of countries, as well as the lack of population, makes Antarctica not considered a continent for some authors.
Europe is the cradle of our culture. On this continent, The European Union (EU) is the world’s largest economic bloc, of which only 28 European countries (out of 50 countries) are part.
Romania – Southeast Europe
Romania is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bucharest. Around 20 million Romanians and Romanians of other nationalities live in Romania. The official language is Romanian. Romania covers an area of around 238,000 km² and is about eight times the size of Belgium. The highest mountain in Romania is the Moldoveanu with 2,544 meters. Neighboring countries are Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia and Moldova.
Albania – Southeast Europe
Albania, the land of eagles, is a state in Europe. The capital is Tirana. About 2.9 million Albanians and Albanians of other nationalities live in Albania. The official language is Albanian. Albania covers an area of around 29,000 km². The highest mountain in Albania is the Maja e Korabit with 2,764 meters. Neighboring countries are Greece, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo and Montenegro.
Albanian National Day is November 28th (Independence Day in 1912).
Australia is the largest country in Oceania, occupying 90% of its entire length. Oceania is known as the “New World”, given its discovery dating from 1770.
Labor Market by Nation
U.S. Demographics by City
- Minot, North Dakota Weather by Month (12/2/2023) - Minot, North Dakota: A Comprehensive Guide to Weather and City Facts by Month According to climateforcities, Minot, located in the northern region of North Dakota, is a city known for its resilient spirit, diverse economy, and distinct seasons. In this… ...
- Grand Forks, North Dakota Weather by Month (11/29/2023) - Grand Forks, North Dakota, experiences a continental climate characterized by cold winters, warm summers, and distinct seasonal changes. Located in the northern part of the United States, Grand Forks witnesses temperature extremes, with cold Arctic air influencing the winter weather.… ...
- Bismarck, North Dakota Weather by Month (11/22/2023) - Bismarck, the capital city of North Dakota, experiences a continental climate characterized by cold winters and warm summers. The city, situated in the northern part of the United States, is influenced by its inland location, which leads to significant temperature… ...
- Fargo, North Dakota Weather by Month (11/15/2023) - Fargo, North Dakota, experiences a continental climate with four distinct seasons, each offering a unique set of weather conditions. From the cold winters to the warm summers, Fargo's climate reflects the characteristic patterns of the Northern Plains. Here's a detailed… ...
- Merigold, Mississippi (11/8/2023) - Merigold, Mississippi, is a small town located in the heart of the Mississippi Delta region. Nestled in the western part of the state, Merigold is characterized by its rich history, fertile farmlands, and scenic landscapes. The geography of Merigold is… ...
- Townshend, Vermont (11/1/2023) - Townshend, Vermont is a picturesque town nestled in the heart of Windham County. Known for its stunning natural beauty and charming small-town atmosphere, Townshend offers residents and visitors a unique blend of rural living and outdoor exploration. The town's geography… ...
- Swiftwater, Pennsylvania (10/25/2023) - Swiftwater is a small borough located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. Nestled within the picturesque Pocono Mountains, this charming community is known for its natural beauty and rich history. With its rolling hills, dense forests, and pristine waterways, Swiftwater offers a… ...
- Ndjamena, Chad Geography (10/23/2023) - N'Djamena, the capital and largest city of Chad, is situated in the southwestern part of the country, near the border with Cameroon, at the confluence of the Chari and Logone rivers. The geography of N'Djamena is characterized by its riverside… ...
- Van Etten, New York (10/18/2023) - Van Etten is a small town located in the southern part of New York State, in the United States. Situated in Chemung County, it is nestled in the picturesque Finger Lakes region. The town covers an area of approximately 30… ...
- Tannersville, Pennsylvania (10/11/2023) - Tannersville is a small community located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, United States. The village is situated in Pocono Township, which is part of Monroe County. It is approximately 90 miles north of Philadelphia and 95 miles west of… ...