Continent is a large portion of land surrounded by the oceans. Millions of years ago there was only one continent – Pangeia. Over the years the land portions (tectonic plates) have been separating. From the division of this terrestrial space arise the six continents of the world: America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Antarctica. According to Countryaah.com, America is divided into three: North America, Central America, and South America, which are thus called subcontinents.
The expanse of Asia is so vast that almost one third of the planet’s expanse of land is part of this 11-time continent. Asia also stands out in population terms, where inhabitants make up almost 50% of the world’s population. Interestingly, the country with the smallest number of inhabitants in the world is located in Asia. It’s about Mongolia.
The North America has the world’s largest island – Greenland, as well as the second largest country in the world – Canada. The Central America originates the Mayan civilization – an amazing company that stood out the progress demonstrated in art, architecture, mathematics and medicine. The South America has the Amazon Forest, the region with the highest bio diversity of the world.
Africa is the poorest continent in the world. There are six Portuguese-speaking African Countries (PALOP): Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe.
Mali – West Africa
Mali is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Bamako. Around 18 million Malians live in Mali, people of other nationalities. The official language is French. Mali covers an area of around 1 million km² and is about four times the size of Italy. Neighboring countries are Algeria, Ivory Coast, Niger, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Guinea and Mauritania.
Mozambique – East Africa
Mozambique is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Maputo. Around 29 million Mozambicans and Mozambicans of other nationalities live in Mozambique. The official language is Portuguese. Mozambique covers an area of around 799,000 km² and is therefore around twice the size of Germany. The highest mountain in Mozambique is Monte Binga at 2,436 meters. Neighboring countries are South Africa, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Swaziland.
Nigeria – West Africa
Nigeria is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Abuja. There are around 186 million Nigerians living in Nigeria, Nigerians of other nationalities. The official language is English. Nigeria covers an area of around 924,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Italy. The highest mountain in Nigeria is the Chappal Waddi with 2,419 meters. Neighboring countries are Cameroon, Niger, Benin and Chad.
Réunion – East Africa
Réunion is an overseas department and a region of France. The capital of the country is Saint-Denis. About 777,000 people live on Réunion. The official language is French. Réunion covers an area of around 2,520 km².
Mauritania – West Africa
The Islamic Republic of Mauritania is a country in West Africa, bathed by the Atlantic Ocean. The Sahara desert covers about 70% of its land. There are 3.7 million residents (2016). Islam is the official religion. The capital is Nouakchott. Before the Christian era, there was the Kingdom of Mauritania, the land of the Moors. It included modern-day Morocco and part of Algeria, which became Roman provinces. In the Middle Ages, the Arabs expanded into North Africa and dominated the territory of present-day Mauritania, whose southern part was part of the ancient Empire of Mali. The Portuguese arrived in 1442, when they bypassed Cape Branco. Around 1445, they installed a factory on the Island of Arguim, currently in the National Park of Banco de Arguim. In 1461, they completed the Castle of Arguim. In 1487, the Portuguese founded another factory in Ouadane, close to the Richat Structure. The Dutch arrived in the 17th century. In the early 19th century, the French dominated Mauritania. Independence was achieved in 1960.
Antarctica, or South Pole, is the coldest and driest place on the planet. Note that the North Pole is not a continent since there is no land on it; it is all covered with ice, while at the South Pole the ice sheet is 90% of its territory. The lack of countries, as well as the lack of population, makes Antarctica not considered a continent for some authors.
Europe is the cradle of our culture. On this continent, The European Union (EU) is the world’s largest economic bloc, of which only 28 European countries (out of 50 countries) are part.
Romania – Southeast Europe
Romania is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bucharest. Around 20 million Romanians and Romanians of other nationalities live in Romania. The official language is Romanian. Romania covers an area of around 238,000 km² and is about eight times the size of Belgium. The highest mountain in Romania is the Moldoveanu with 2,544 meters. Neighboring countries are Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia and Moldova.
Albania – Southeast Europe
Albania, the land of eagles, is a state in Europe. The capital is Tirana. About 2.9 million Albanians and Albanians of other nationalities live in Albania. The official language is Albanian. Albania covers an area of around 29,000 km². The highest mountain in Albania is the Maja e Korabit with 2,764 meters. Neighboring countries are Greece, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo and Montenegro.
Albanian National Day is November 28th (Independence Day in 1912).
Australia is the largest country in Oceania, occupying 90% of its entire length. Oceania is known as the “New World”, given its discovery dating from 1770.
Labor Market by Nation
- Climate and Weather of Ebensee, Austria (10/5/2022) - The climate of Ebensee On the north side of Austria's deepest lake, the Trainsee, is the village of Ebensee. Today, Ebensee is primarily a place that offers a fantastic view over the very clear waters of the lake. During the… ...
- Climate and Weather of Rockanje, Netherlands (9/28/2022) - The climate of Rockanje According to Ethnicityology, Rockanje is a seaside resort in the southwestern part of the province of South Holland, in the municipality of Westvoorne. Due to the location of Rockanje on the North Sea coast, the village… ...
- Climate and Weather of Bender, Moldova (9/28/2022) - The climate of Bender Bender (formerly Tighina) is located in southeastern Moldova, on the western bank of the Dniester. Tighina is located in the self-proclaimed microstate of Transnistria. No country in the world has recognized this microstate. Bender is the… ...
- Climate and Weather of Hebron, Palestine (9/27/2022) - The climate of Hebron According to Estatelearning, Hebron is located in the West Bank and is part of the Palestinian territories. The city is an important city for Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. According to tradition, the patriarchs and mothers… ...
- Climate and Weather of Fes, Morocco (9/21/2022) - The climate of Fes According to shopareview, Fes , also written as Fez, is one of the four imperial cities of Morocco, along with Marrakech, Rabat and Meknes. Fes has a warm continental climate, with extremely high temperatures in the… ...
- Climate and Weather of Bugibba, Malta (9/14/2022) - The climate of Bugibba Bugibba is a popular tourist town in the northeast of Malta, on Saint Paul's Bay. The village is connected to the town of Qawra by a boulevard. Most tourists come to the place because of the… ...
- Climate and Weather of Choluteca, Honduras (9/7/2022) - The climate of Choluteca Choluteca is located on the western coast of Honduras. The city is an important site on the Pan-American Highway. Several bus services pass here. And the city is located on the Choluteca River. The city was… ...
- Cyprus Interesting Facts (8/31/2022) - Language The issue of language is also important for people moving abroad. Cyprus used to be an English colony, so 90% of the local population speaks English. This means that in Paphos you will feel much more comfortable than anywhere else… ...
- Resorts and Attractions in Israel (8/24/2022) - Israel is a state in southwestern Asia, off the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Common borders with Lebanon in the north, with Syria in the northeast, with Jordan in the east, with Egypt in the southwest. The climate is subtropical… ...
- Greece Islands and History (8/17/2022) - GREEK ISLANDS. All the islands of Greece are unique and each one deserves attention. The Ionian Islands are located off the western coast of the Balkan Peninsula. These are the greenest and most fertile of the Greek islands. They consist… ...